County Barn Road fire pic
Shady Grove and Sharon volunteer fire departments responded to a structure fire at 70 County Barn Road Lot #13 last night shortly after 9:00. 
 
Billy McIntyre had been in his mobile home watching TV with his roommate when he noticed smoke alarms going off.  As he was walking to the rear of the structure smoke began to fill the home, and when he reached a bedroom toward the rear of the home, it was engulfed in flames.  Upon arrival of the first responding fire units, the mobile home was fully involved, with flames visible through the roof covering the home.  
 
Jones County Sheriff's Department and EMServ Ambulance Service were on scene.  Both McIntyre and his roommate escaped along with two dogs.  There was one canine fatality in the incident.  No other injuries were reported.
 
Information from Dana Bumgardner/PIO Jones County Fire Council

Recommended for you