With the impending heavy rainfall forecasted for our area this weekend due to Tropical Storm Barry, the Laurel Police Department would like to remind motorists of some of the areas within the city that tend to hold water during these types of events. The following are the areas in some of the higher traffic locations that pose a threat:
- Teresa Street underpass.
- Leontyne Price near the Laurel Housing Authority.
- Magnolia Street at Queen.
- Ellisville Boulevard between LPD and South 13th Avenue.
- Jefferson Street at South 10th Avenue.
- The 100 block of North 15th avenue.
The LPD requests that citizens stay off the roadways when possible during heavy rain events. This will assist in preventing overtaxing of emergency services and vehicle damage.